T: +43 463 316 05 50
F: +43 463 316 05 23
|10:20 - 12:45
18:00 - 19:00
09:30 - 10:35
12:15 - 13:05
|closed||09:30 - 11:25
12:15 - 13:05
|10:20 - 11:25|
"You open a book and the book opens you."
About the media library:
The media library was established in the year 2001. Since its opening, the stock has steadily been increased and the technical equipment has also been improved. This equipment enables professional presentations and cultural events. When acquiring new media, current developments in technology and sciences, with focus on electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and mechatronics, are taken into consideration. Numerous forms of media for general education and foreign languages, such as professional journals and magazines, support modern teaching in these subjects. We also have a cooperation with the Chamber of Labour which enables our students to use the services of the AK-Klagenfurt and Villach libraries for free.
- Online-research in WebOPAC
- access to more than 30.000 e-books and audio books via the AK-libraries www.ak-bibliotheken.at
In the media library:
- books, CDs, DVDs, professional journals, and magazines for different fields for teaching purposes can be borrowed or read in the media library
- the media library is a quiet room for reading, studying, playing chess, or browsing in books during the breaks
- there are six pc-workstations and a printer that students can use
- the media library and its equipment can also be used for teaching specific lessons
- presentations and cultural events take place in the media library
Terms and use of the media library
All details about the terms and use of the media library can be found in the media library regulations.
Do I need a library card?
Yes, you get the library card in the first semester.
How long am I allowed to keep the books?
Specialists books and fiction can be kept for two weeks. Magazines, theses, DVDs, and CDs can be borrowed for one week.
Can I renew a book?
Yes, as long as the title is not reserved.
Where can I give back the books if the media library is closed?
In exceptional cases, you can deposit your book in the head office or Mag. Rogi-Zimmermann box in the conference room. Exceptions include illness or if you have no possibility to give it back during the media library’s open hours.
Are there any overdue fines?
Yes, if you exceed the loan periods, you have to pay 20 cents per book per day.
What happens if I lose a book?
Then you have to replace the book. If a book cannot be replaced, you have to pay for its costs.
How long is my library card valid?
Your library card doesn’t have an expiration date! You can also use the services and media in the library after graduation.
What should I do in case I lost my library card?
If you lose your library card, you can get a new one.